Your shopping cart is empty.
Functional Applications for Felting Art
Key Characteristics of Felted Artwork
We cannot tell you how important this benefit is for many businesses.
When I lived in San Francisco I tried to dine at a restaurant that was President Clinton’s favorite when he was in office. It was a few blocks away from where I worked, and I took a few business clients there. It was a popular and bustling place with high ceilings with exposed industrial ducts, exposed concrete and steel beams, metal tables, large unadorned windows, and a concrete floor. The food was creative and delicious, but I simple could not enjoy the meal due to the harshness of the sound quality of the space. The kitchen noises, rattling plates and flatware, dozens of conversations; all echoing off of every hard surface created an awful cacophony. It was impossible to relax, enjoy the food or communicate with my guests.
Similarly, I recently met some friends at a wine tasting room. It was a lovely and open space with minimalist architecture and design. It has some of may favorite Pinot Noirs and Rieslings and has luxurious hardwood surfaces, clean and sparkling concrete floors, huge picture windows and high ceilings. But again, even though there were less than a handful of people in the room, it was impossible to have a conversation unless your mouth was right in the other person’s ear.
In both of these business, a few soft surfaces could make a huge improvement in acoustic quality while adding airiness, color and art to a space. It can retain the modern look and feel, but enhance it with a themed piece with complimentary colors and interesting textures to enhance a wonderful experience and improve it.
This can be a crucial characteristic in a conference room, meeting room or lobby where many people can be speaking at once, and it is crucial to be able to clearly hear the conversation in which you are engaged.
Textures and colors to delight the eye while soothing the ears.
Fabric and felt provides just the right amount of sound abatement for “live” sound spaces while adding visual interest and texture to an environment. An abstract image, geometric pattern or thematic design incorporating elements of the local geography, iconic sites or relating to the business’s industry or branding can be an incredible benefit and enhancement to the customer’s experience of your space.
Whether mounted to the wall, hung from the ceiling or set as a room divider, felted pieces are a wonderful addition to lobbies, tasting rooms, restaurants, meeting rooms, conference rooms, offices, bars, dining rooms and other stylish spaces where people gather.
The organic texture and dimensionality of natural fibers also integrates well with other organic interior design elements such as water, stone, metal and ceramics to provide a contrast and textural context.
Imagine one of these pieces on that awkward large wall on the staircase landing that begs to be filled with a beautiful focal point.
1. Our creations use primarily natural fibers and fabrics. As a result they are susceptible to the ravages of time and harsh environments. We recommend keeping them out of direct sunlight to avoid premature aging or fading.
2. Be mindful of the proximity to cooking areas. Natural fibers are susceptible to picking up oils and grease from the air if they are too close to cooking sources.
3. Cleaning: Wool has a natural, dirt-resistant quality, however, if cleaning is absolutely necessary, wash by hand in cold water with mild soap. Do not rub but rinse well and press out excess water, but do not twist or wring. Block it out by hand to retain the original shape as it dries and lay flat to air dry but not in direct sunlight as it could weaken the fiber and fade the colors. DO NOT dry clean.
4. Moths love wool. But they tend to lay eggs on items that have been worn and have natural skin oils, and in dark corners of closets, rather than brightly illuminated rooms. As a precaution, we use lavender oils in our felting solutions, and ship with lavender sachets that you are welcome to hang beind our pieces as a repellant. For our wearable art, treat it as you would any fine clothing.
5. Ironing. If you have a need to press out wrinkles, be sure to protect your iron from the natural wool oils by ironing through a light fabric and iron from the back side. Be aware and careful of any embellishments on the front so as not to damage them. Do not use steam from the iron or a steamer.
This presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
The above preview shows how to use the live preview on this website. The image displayed is just an example, and is not available for sale.
This means you can use the camera on your phone or tablet and superimpose any piece of art onto a wall inside of your home or business.
To use this feature, Just look for the "Live Preview AR" button when viewing any piece of art on this website!
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.